Syanne shares her famous ‘Chocolate & Walnut Banana Bread’ recipe…
Syanne shares her famous ‘Chocolate & Walnut Banana Bread’…
2 cups self-raising gluten-free flour
4-5 very ripe bananas
½ cup honey
½ cup butter, softened
2 tablespoons almond milk
½ teaspoon vanilla
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ grated nutmeg
¼ ground ginger
½-1 cup roughly chopped chocolate*
½ cup walnuts*
1. Preheat oven to 175°C. Line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper (or lightly grease)
and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and honey. Stir in eggs, almond milk, vanilla, salt
and spices until blended.
3. Next add bananas and mash together with the batter until well combined (a few lumps
4. Add flour to the mixture and thoroughly stir till a moist batter is formed. At this stage,
fold in chocolate chunks and walnuts then pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
5. Bake in the centre of the oven for 50-55mins, or until an inserted toothpick comes out
6. Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10mins, then turn it out on to a wire cooling rack.
7. Slice and enjoy!
*Feel free to swap or add any other “mix-ins” of your own. Dried fruit, nuts, shredded
coconut, orange zest, etc. Have a play with your favourite flavour combos.