‘Dense & delicious loaf that’s gonna make your kitchen smell like heaven.’
Heavenly Banana Loaf made by our good friend Kim,
taken from her delicious blog ‘Kim Likes food’…
This is a super dense & delicious loaf that’s gonna make your kitchen smell like heaven.
I like it toasted with extra peanut butter, maple and banana… Ohhhhhh baby! Also if you have
any special dietary requirements like Vegan, Paleo, Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free or you
just want to eat something yum then this could be a good one for you.
3 mashed ripe bananas (spotty if you have them)
1/2 cup Peanut butter
1/2 cup pure Maple Syrup
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla powder
2 chia eggs (see notes* below)
1 pinch salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped dates
1/2 cup shredded coconut
3 cups Almond meal
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
Notes* Chia Egg: this is a vegan alternative and binds the same way that a to a regular
egg would. All you need to do it soak chia seeds in water for 15 min before use, the chia to
water ratio is 1 chia egg = 1 tbsp of chia in 3 tbsp of water.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Mix all of part 1 in a mixing bowl.
3. Add part two and mix until combined
4. Pour into loaf tin, I had a little bit left over so I just made some muffins on the side
5. Optional – slice some extra coconut sugar and banana on top before baking so the
sugar caramelised while baking
6. Bake for 25 mins or until golden brown.
Thanks Kim for this delicious recipe.
Make sure you check out her blog.