The first time I ever had Sago Pudding was when I was a cute little vegan curry place called Cardamon
Pod in Byron Bay earlier this year. I got it almost ever night I was there, their version was chocolate and
raspberry which was SO good but I decided to change it up a bit and create my own summery version.
1 cup tapioca pearls
3 cups almond milk
2 ½ cups coconut milk
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Firstly you need to soak the tapioca pearls in 1½ cups of almond milk for around 4 hrs beforehand.
2. Once the tapioca has absorbed the almond milk, add the coconut milk and remaining almond milk
into the pot and bring to the boil.
3. Now add the maple syrup, coconut sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Then give it a good stir.
4. Take the heat down to a simmer and stir constantly for 15-20 mins until the tapioca mixture
thickens and the pearls start to look almost clear. Keep an eye out and make sure that
the mixture doesn’t burn and stick to the bottom.
5. Once it has cooled down, layer it between freshly cut mango and caramelised coconut chips.
6. Enjoy! Xx
*Notes : to make caramelised coconut chips, just heat up some coconut sugar in a pan with some
coconut chips and wait for the sugar to start melting and then toss it around. Once they have cooled
down they will set in to hard and caramelised.
This recipe is: Gluten free, nut free, vegan and yum!